What is Tui NA?
In TCM treatments are categorized into “Internal” and “External” therapies. Tui Na is one of the most popular and ancient external clinical therapies in TCM.
One of most ancient forms of physical therapy in the world Tui NA has been used for thousands of years to help in the treatment of many disorders including muscular-skeletal, stress, digestive, respiratory and reproductive health.
The term Tui Na directly translates into “Push-Grasp”. It is a specialized form of physical therapy using a combination of massage, stretching and movement to support health.
A Tui Na therapist will use a variety of manipulations during treatment including pressing, kneading, grasping, rubbing, shaking, pushing, and pulling.
All Registered Acupuncturist (R.AC) are trained in this form of physical therapy and use it as an adjunct to Acupuncture treatment.
What can Tui Na do?
- Correct abnormal anatomical location + relations
- Adjust biological information (nerves, reflex)
- Activate Qi and Blood flow, removing stasis along the meridians + collaterals
- Improve joint mobility and ROM
- Regulate Yin/Yang
- Support organ function
- Support balance of Yin and Yang
- Relive aches and pain
- Improve functionality of muscles, tendons, bones and joints.
- Stimulate blood and lymphatic circulation
- Support relaxation and relive stress
- Encourage detoxification
- Support healthy muscle tone
- Strengthening the immune system
- Stabilizing blood pressure
- Calming, soothing nervous system
- Reducing pain
- Treats and prevents injury
Healing mechanisms of Tui Na therapy
- Effects on pain: Tui Na can increase endorphin level in a patient’s blood.
- Effect on nervous system: Tui Na has a bi directional effect on the nervous system stimulate and calm.
- Effect on digestion: Support peristalsis and secretion of gastrin as well as absorption function.
- Effect on circulation: Dilation of blood vessels, accelerate blood and lymphatic circulation, can impact body temperature, pulse, heart rate, blood pressure and even blood component.
- Effect on respiration: Increase vital capacity, relive cough, wheezing and reduce phlegm.
- Effect of skin: Heat and electro-magnetic effect, can raise skin temperature; help to clear dead epithelial cells, accelerate secretion of sweat and sebaceous glands. Increase skin luster and elasticity, improve skins respiration.
- Reduced muscle fatigue and tonicity, improve movement
- De-Bond adhesion between injured tissues
- Restore muscular strength.
**A TCM health examination should be conducted first to asses if Tui Na massage is right for your unique health care needs. **
Begin your journey TODAY!